Sunday, January 11, 2015

The story of my watches (5)

HMT Amitabh:

For one of my birthday, my first younger sister wanted to get me a wrist watch. I took her to the HMT retail showroom. After a long selection process, I finally zeroed in on the HMT Amitabh. The dial was good and shiny. At that time HMT was selling all of its watches at 50% off, and we got this watch for just Rs. 575. When I wore it to office it gained the attention of many who enquired about it. Many were surprised that winding watches were still available.

HMT Amitabh



Haneefa Watch:

This digital watch was got by my friend from a nearby super-market named "Haneefa". It was of very good quality and lasted for more than 2 years of continues use. The original watch is not there now. but the digital movement was no nice that I moved it another case and it is functional now.

[pic: Haneefa movement in a new case]

Haneefa movement in a new case.
- SPGR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Welcome... Comments can be added Anonymously and will be Visible after Moderation...