Friday, February 06, 2015

Watches and Pens

Watches & Pens - the two things that can lure me to spend any amount of money and time. When I try to recall when I started getting a passion towards them, I cant identify any particular date or year. It happened. In those days I was referred as Pena-paithiyam & Watch-paithiyam (mad of pen and watches). Now it changed to Pen-Collector and Watch-Collector, looks some what decent. Thank you English.

[Pic: Watch Case]


Recently I moved some of my most recently used watches to a watch-case. When my friend first suggested to get a watch case for my watches, I rejected the idea upon knowing its price. Since for that price, I can get another watch. But after thinking for a couple of days, I got one, since I felt that it will simplify the process of storing and switching them, which these days, I am doing it twice a week. Can you see the white papers around their faces??? Those are tissue papers. Just to extra protect their faces. I can't bear my any of watch receiving a scratch :-). There is one more technique that I use to protect them, which I wont disclose. Its a trade secret. But a watch mechanic found that out when I gave one of my mechanical watches for service and gave a smile.

One pouch of that watch case is empty now . Will be filled with a vintage watch this weekend. Right now the watch is undergoing a complete service and rejuvenation in an expert watch mechanic shop.

[Pic: Pretty Jhalak adoring my wrist]



- spgr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Welcome... Comments can be added Anonymously and will be Visible after Moderation...