Saturday, June 30, 2012

Travel Diary : Nagerkoil Trip May 2012 - (4) - Food in Nagerkoil:

The travel diary will not be complete if I do not write about the food I had in Nagerkoil. I came to know about some of the dishes that are unique to this place like Paniyaram, Avaiyal, Aaapam and some more, the names I do not remember. Actually these are the food items of Ancient South India and it was a surprise that these items are still made and had by people here. In my earlier trips, I had all these items, but since the primary  purpose of this trip was to attend a marriage, I didn't get a chance to have those food items. Nonetheless, I had many tasty items this time, some of which are here for your view.

On the first day morning, Mama bought breakfast from the famous Udipi International.
[Pic: Poori, Masala, Vadai]

Lunch feast in Kumar's marriage



[Pic: Lunch in Kumar's marriage]

Nongu Sarbath. It is actually Sarbath in which Nongus are dropped even without their outer cover peeled off. The Sarbath & Nongu tastes good invidually, but when they are mixed like this, it finally ends up in a Mokkai mixture called the Nongu Sarbath. Refrain from taking it. When I first heard of Nongu Sarbath, I thought Nongu will be ground and the paste will be mixed in Sarbath.


Read more about the Nongu juice here:Dhanesh Amma post on Nongu juice.

[Pic:Nongu Sarbath]

Beeda in Kumar Marriage Reception


[Pic: Beeda]

Dosa with Mutton Kurma in Kumar's Reception

[Pic: Dosa with Mutton Kurma]

Ice-cream in Kumar's Reception

[Pic: Ice-Cream]

Fruits in Kumar's Reception

[Pic: Fruits]

3 comments:

Your comments are Welcome... Comments can be added Anonymously and will be Visible after Moderation...