Monday, August 24, 2015

New Zealand Trip - Travel Diary (3)

Auckland City

I got into the habit of walking down the streets of Auckland in the evenings. I will back from office around 6 and spent most of my evenings walking along the roads. The city is perfectly planned for walking, many walk and use bus or train for their commutation. Very few use personal vehicles like car or a scooter. On the second day, my colleagues in office took me for a short walk to a Mall in the Remuera area.

From the third day onward, I sort of got into a routine, and it started boring a bit. I could see many beggars on the roads, but unlike our beggars they are posh and hi-fi. Another thing I noticed is that there are no babies. In my whole stay I saw only 3 babies in Auckland City. Got to know that people here do not marry, they just live together and do not have kids, and they keep changing their partners. So the population is thin. The Govt is taking many steps to increase the population. Also got to know that Education and healthcare is free.


Facebook

During the On journey and Return journey observed that the whole world was on facebook. Airport terminals, coffee shops, everywhere people were on the facebook. In my earlier trips, I have seen people using they mobile phones all the time, but on different things like calling or messaging or browsing, but this time all were invariably on facebook. Also I could notice a difference in the way people talk on their phones. They hold the phone in front of them and talk on speaker. After observing for sometime found that they were all video calls, and that they were seeing the other person on the screen and talking to them. I could realize soon in India too, we will be holding the phone in front of us and talking on speaker.


Food

A Mutton dish in New Zealand

Breakfast served in Malaysian Airlines.


For most part, I cooked my own food as there was a kitchen attached to the hotel. In the Project Go Live success party given by the client, tasted the mutton there. It looked entirely different. But when I tasted it, it was soft and had a divine taste.

The food served in Malaysian Airlines was also good.

- SPGR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Welcome... Comments can be added Anonymously and will be Visible after Moderation...