Monday, December 10, 2012

Last Working Day @ iGATE...

On my last working day, I reached office at my usual time. Till the previous day I was a bit sad with senti, but on my last day I was fine. I felt feeling better after I had sent the Adieu mail to colleagues in iGATE. A couple of clearances were pending and I started working on those. But in-between got to know about a critical situation for a known person from a colleague. This colleague is based out of SIPCOT office. I tried to do something through my known contacts to revert the situation. Though I will be not in office to see the after effects of my efforts, it gave me satisfaction that atleast I did something from my end and I believe whatever happens will be for the good.

The clearances work converged and I got almost all of the clearances. My plan is to say a "Bye" to every known person in-person and start to home. Around 11:50 in the morning, my friend Aravind called for the morning break. While getting tea, he said "Last morning tea for you" just to create senti. I just smiled.

As usual when I was heading to the 9B cafeteria for lunch, I found my friends coming out of it and were heading towards Block-5 food court for lunch. I got shocked. I had a hidden agenda in 9B cafeteria. The hidden agenda was to prolong the lunch as long as possible if time and everything else favors. They started compelling me to come to Block-5 with them, which was un-imaginable. I told them that I will go in and take a look and come back. But after going in and taking a look :-)(pun intended), I couldn't come back. I called them over phone and asked(actually pleaded) them to come back to 9B cafeteria. I requested them to consider my request since its my last working day there. They got into a sort of senti and obliged. Luck favored me and got a good seat. I enjoyed having the lunch :-), and appended it with a mint juice, just to prolong it and started drinking it in very small sips. My friends lost their patience after sometime and literally pulled me out of the cafeteria. I left the cafeteria with a heavy heart.

After the lunch we all went to our usual place and took rest in the lawn. After that we all went to block-5 and had ice-cream in the "Milky Way". After that when I went back to my seat, I found that time has just flown away, and just 2 hours were left. I just went around the ODCs to bid "Bye Bye". But contrary to my plan, many were not in seats, due to tea break time, and some had already left for the day. I just bid my bye to whomever I met and in the meantime I got a call from Nanda asking me to come for the small fare-well party that they had arranged in 9B cafeteria. I told him that I will be there in a while.

When I went across the ODCs, my colleague Bala asked "Pavala, everyone is talking about your dance... Just put a small step for me..."
I managed by saying "Bala... I need music and the fancy light for dancing... Its tough for me to dance in a calm environment like this..." He just smiled and said "Ok".

I expected that in the last moment, someone might ask me to dance. Now that someone happened to be Bala. In-fact I was ready to dance or perform a small step, but that was a very formal environment and also feared a small crowd might gather. Still I was a bit sad that I dis-appointed Bala and promised him to share a clip with my dance steps. Nothing much happened in that ODC and I waited there till some left. After they left, I had no work there. Then I went to 9B cafeteria for the fare-well. There I found my friends waiting with a Gift. The leader, Aravind gave me the Gift, followed by a small speech (a mokkai one from me), then we went to 9A cafeteria for my last tea-break get togther with friends in office.

Then I submitted my ID and access card, and came to the main door. My friends also accompanied me up to the gate. In the main gate, I bid "Good Bye" to the main security there and shook hands with him.
He smiled and replied "You are Pavala... Govindarajan... no"
I said "Yes..." and started wondering how he knew my full name.
Then he continued "Dance aduneenga illa..." (You danced no...)
That explained it... :-)...

Bye Bye iGATE... I will be missing you...

- PAVALA.

4 comments:

  1. All the best for the new company .. Hope you floor the crowd there too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shen: Thank you. Already first performance given... :-)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. உங்க டான்ஸ்ச பார்க்க குடுத்து வைக்கலையே :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Dinesh... :-)... Dont worry Dinesh... Hope a day comes when we will dance together... :-)...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are Welcome... Comments can be added Anonymously and will be Visible after Moderation...