Sunday, March 24, 2019

My Exercise Mat

My Exercise Mat:

I still remember the day, when I first saw that mat in Sekar Emporium. It was a small
one, made of nylon, in a light-blue & white combination woven into an image of Taj-
Mahal, folded and kept inside a cover. It was lying inside a big iron-mesh basket,
along with other items. I was a bit hesitant to that buy, as the idea was to use it for
doing exercises. My friend convinced me that even if I dont do exercise, we can use it
as a floor mat for guests, while eating. Conviced, I decided to buy.



[Pic: Exercise mat spread out]

It lay idle for quite sometime, and started using it slowly, as I started doing
exercises regularly. Initially it pricked here and there, due to the small needle like
fibres in it. With the help of scissors I cut them as and when I noticed, and slowly it
got transformed into a smooth one, with usage. After sometime, I added a small hand
towel to lay my head.

In the initial days of my exercise routines, I have slept on it for hours, even after
doing a 5 minute workout, and my friend used to wake me up when she notices. Also, I
have slipped on it a couple of times, while doing workouts like jumping jacks and
burpees. Later on I moved these workouts out of the mat. It served faithfully for many
many years, and I refused to discard it even when my friend asked me to do so. She even
got me another similar mat, which was of green and white combination. I used the new
one for 3 to 4 days, and switched back to my old mat.


[Pic: Mat with its original cover]

I still have it with the original cover in which it came. And still I am using it
regularly. But, now, as we will be moving to our new home, time has come to discard it,
as I have agreed to my friend that I will discard it when we move from this home.
Though I can still use it for a couple of years more, I have finally decided to discard
it, to give way for new ones.

I dedicate this post to my first and lovable Exercise mat, that has served me loyally
for many years, on which i acquired the habit of doing my exercises regularly. It may
physically go out of my life, but it will continue to live in my memory forever.


[Pic : Me on my exercise mat] Edit: Removed the photo.



[Pic : Exercise mat - Front Side]



[Pic : Exercise mat - Rear Side]

- SPGR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are Welcome... Comments can be added Anonymously and will be Visible after Moderation...