Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Watch Collection

I got my first wrist watch when I was very young, may be while I was doing 4th or 5th standard. Both were ladies model digital watches, with metal bracelets. There landed in my wrists after my Mom wore it for a brief time. In my 7th standard, I got my first analog watch, another ladies model watch, A hmt shoba, which I got as a gift for securing 2nd rank in class. It moved on to Amma after sometime and I was back to digital watches. Dad got me lots of watches. My sisters too got me some watches. After marriage, my friend also got me lot of watches. I kept wearing them in rotation, and my all time favorite were digital watches.

I have a vintage Henry Sandoz and a HMT Kohinoor in my collection. I kept buying them whenever I felt like and before one year I decided that I should not buy them anymore, as I finding it tough to maintain them. But still watches get added to my collection at the rate of 2 per year.

Here is my collection for your view.



 
Here is my collection with my friend's and little friend's collection:





7 comments:

  1. u indeed are a watch aficionado!!!

    I wish I cud afford to hve these many watches of the brands I like!!

    http://styledestino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see that you have an interesting hobby. There are people who collect expensive watches. I am told that these appreciate in value.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SJ and Sabyasachi... My collection is a collection of not-so expensive watches, except some 2 or 3...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look lovely. These watches are probably full of memories. Are all of these genuine? It must be really exciting to see all of your watch collections after some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @jasmine: Thanks for visiting. All of them are Genuine, though some(may be 2 or 3) are made in China, but Genuine bearing unknown company names :-). As you say, there are lot of memories & stories behind each watch, which itself can run to many posts. One of my CASIO runs flawlessly for more than 16 years, requiring only 3 battery changes. These days I never wear them, just open my watch collection once in a while and take a look at them :-)...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine collection you have there! :) Do you have Swatch watches too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!!! Yet to have Swatch watches... Hope will have them soon...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are Welcome... Comments can be added Anonymously and will be Visible after Moderation...