Thursday, June 07, 2007

My training days - 1

After a long time I am back here with an idea to describing some interesing happenings that happened when I trained to become an AS Engineer (nothing great, just a computer programmer) at Trivandrum.

I started from Trichy by Trinvandrum Express in the afternoon in the first week of September 2003. The same day I reached Trivandrum around 1:30 in the mid-night. On the way train passed through several cities of Tamil Nadu that I have not visited before. Some of them were Tirunelveli, Nagerkoil, Thakkalai. Out of these Nagerkoil attracted my special attention, may be because of the huge fans that generated electricity through wind energy.

On reaching trivandrum railway station, took rest in the waiting hall and early in the morning, went outside the station. One auto driver, a pakka chetan with a beard approached me and asked me where I have to go. I told that I need to go to "Aruvi Hotel". He replied "aruvio", which made me understood that he is quite familiar in taking trainees from station to that hotel, where the company has arranged our stay. On getting down the meter in the auto showed "7", and I asked how much. He told, it shows the kilometers travelled for each kilometer its 7, so I have to pay him Rs. 49. I was a bit doubtful, but since I was new I just paid that amount. Later I came to know that the distance is walkable and we need to pay only the minimum amount which is "7". Long live that chetan. This incident also created a sort of fear about the city in me.



But as things progressed found that Trivandrum is indeed a very good place stuffed with nice people around. The city also had some strange characteristics. I will write about them in my later posts. A few years down, I became closely tied with a famous city near Trivandrum, but this city is in Tamil Nadu about 47 kilometers from Trivandrum. But I may not get chance to write about how I came to be related with that city, as I may not get permission from the authorities(it is actually authority, but have to use plural here, due to the massive power the authority posseses :-) ...).
see you all back soon (as if lot of people are browsing my blogspot all the time)... so i will change it, see me back soon (now its apt)...
- spgr

2 comments:

  1. Hi SPGR, Are you still in North Coralina? waiting to read more stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anony, Thanks. Will write more...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are Welcome... Comments can be added Anonymously and will be Visible after Moderation...